Mern Stack vs Mean Stack: Which is Best for Your Next Project?
Mern Stack vs Mean Stack:- In this article, we’ll be taking a look at two of the most commonly used stacks for web development: MERN and MEAN. We’ll be comparing the advantages and disadvantages of both, helping you decide which one is better for your project. We’ll also discuss which tools are best suited for each stack, so you can make an informed decision when deciding which one to use. With this article, you will have all the information you need to make an educated decision on the best stack for your project. We’ll be looking at the strengths and weaknesses of both, as well as the best tools and frameworks to use. So, stay tuned, and by the end of this article, you’ll be able to determine which stack is best for your project.
Overview of MERN Stack vs MEAN Stack
MEAN is similar to MERN but uses the open source Angular.js web application framework instead of React.js, which makes it a slightly different full-stack solution. The MongoDB database is still used for data storage and Node.js is used to create the dynamic server, making MEAN just as powerful and dynamic as MERN.
Both MERN and MEAN are powerful, scalable full-stack development solutions that allow developers to quickly and efficiently create powerful web and mobile applications. The key difference between the two is the front-end technology (React.js vs Angular).
Advantages of MERN For Mern stack developer
MERN offers many advantages to mern stack developer, including:
1. Full-stack Solution in One Framework: MERN Stack combines four technologies—MongoDB, Express, React, and Node.js—into a single, comprehensive full-stack solution. This makes it easier to develop entire applications in a single language and framework.
3. Scalable: MERN Stack is designed to be highly scalable, allowing developers to easily adjust their applications as their user base grows and their needs expand.
4. Cost-Effective: By using MERN Stack, developers can save money on both licensing costs and developer salaries since the technology is open source and freely available.
5. Fast Development Cycles: With MERN Stack, developers can quickly develop, deploy and test projects, which means faster development cycles and quicker results.
6. Compatible with Cloud Hosting: The MERN Stack is fully compatible with cloud hosting, which makes it easier to deploy projects on a wide range of popular cloud platforms.
7. Support for Multiple Devices: MERN Stack supports multiple devices, making it easy for developers to create applications that work on different platforms and devices.
Disadvantages of MERN For Mern Full Stack Developer
1. MERN is more complicated than MEAN stack because it has four different technologies (MongoDB, Express, React, Node) that must be integrated into one system. This makes it difficult to debug and maintain.
2. It is a relatively new technology, so there is a lack of resources and documentation to help developers in learning and implementing the stack.
3. Since MongoDB is a document-oriented database, it might not be suitable in scenarios where data structure is highly structured or relational.
4. There is no in-built support for web sockets in MERN stack, so developers need to use third-party libraries like Socket.io to implement them.
5. Building a scalable application using MERN stack might be difficult, as developers need to build their own customized solutions.
6. MERN stack requires more server resources than MEAN stack, as it uses four different technologies. This can significantly increase hosting costs.
Advantages of MEAN For Mean Developers
1. Easy to Learn: MEAN Stack is easy to learn and is great for beginners. It uses the same language for both front and back end development, so developers can learn both sides quickly.
2. Cost-Effective: MEAN Stack is an open source stack, meaning you can download and utilize its components without any cost. This contributes to making MEAN Stack a cost-effective solution.
3. High Performance: MEAN Stack allows developers to create highly performant and responsive applications that can easily scale to serve more users.
4. MVC Architecture: MEAN Stack uses MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture that makes it easy for developers to build and maintain their applications.
5. Community Support: With a strong community of developers and users, MEAN Stack is one of the most popular development stacks for web applications. You can get help from the community or find solutions to your problems.
6. Reuse Components: MEAN Stack uses the same technology in the entire stack, which means developers can use the same components across different parts of the application. This helps in reusing code and saves development time.
7. Flexibility: MEAN Stack is highly flexible and provides developers with the freedom to choose their own database, front-end library, and other components.
Disadvantages of MEAN For Mean Developers
1. Complexity: The MEAN stack is an open source stack that consists of multiple components, making it significantly more complex than the MERN stack. This complexity can lead to issues like debugging or maintenance that can be difficult to fix without specialized knowledge.
2. Lack of Scalability: The MEAN stack lacks scalability for larger projects. With its complex architecture and lack of technical support, developers may find it difficult to scale the technology for larger applications.
3. Limited Support: Although the MEAN stack is open source, the technology does not have the same broad support as other web application stacks. This could make it difficult for developers to find help with issues or problems.
4. Limited Security: Security is a major concern for mean developers. The stack lacks some of the features needed to adequately protect applications, such as authentication and encryption. Additionally, the stack is not regularly updated, making it easier for malicious actors to exploit vulnerabilities.
Mern Stack vs Mean Stack
Advantages – Mern stack:
• Mern stack is easy to learn and use, which makes it ideal for beginners.
• It is open-source and free, which means it does not require any financial investment.
• The stack is highly extensible, allowing developers to customize the code as per their requirements.
• It supports the Model-View-Controller architecture, which makes the development process efficient and organized.
Advantages – Mean stack:
• Mean stack is an open source technology and is available to developers at no cost.
• It is fast and agile, making it an ideal choice for quick and efficient web application development.
• It allows developers to build powerful applications with the help of Angular, Express and Node.js.
• The technologies used in the stack are open source, thereby enabling developers to customize the code as they see fit.
• It supports the Model-View-Controller architecture, making the development process organized and efficient.
• The stack is future-ready and has potential to be used for future projects.
View this post on Instagram
Conclusion: Mern Stack vs Mean Stack
Read Also: How Low Coding Can Be The Future?