Web application development is known to be a process that involves building a web application. It is specifically focused upon interacting with the browser rather than going through standard engineering processes. There are many various kinds of processes that involve building an effective web application. In order to understand the web application process development better for 2021 here are different steps with the web application development process that must be known. If you are willing to learn about all the necessary details regarding building a web application in a more detailed manner then it is highly recommended to go through the given information. Below given factors will provide you a beginner guide to web application development:
1. Firstly Define the Issue you are solving
It is very important to define the problem at the very first stage. This step is like a North Star for you as it provides direction. The solution is born only when the problem is detected.
2. Planning workflow for the web application
Once you are aware of the issue and the solution, mapping out the overall workflow of its working must be the second step. Be clear about what is required to happen within your web application in order to solve the problem.
3. Opt for Wireframe/prototype your web application
Work towards transforming the workflow into a wireframe. The wireframe you opt for will simply act as a tool for communicating the solution to your target user.
4. Get Validation
Now, the next step must include presenting your wireframe to the target audience of your new web application. You must iterate and record feedback on the design till the time you including your potential users are not satisfied.
5. Select your firepower
For building your web application, you will use various tools/platforms/frameworks. It’s necessary to select a tool that fits the job (in this situation your web application) instead of opting for something that is popular.
6. Work Towards Building your web application
- Database – Define what kind of data is required to store in your database which also includes your data types. After which you can simply build your database.
- Frontend – You will most probably build your backend and frontend both at the same time. Remember that the frontend will loosely mirror your prototype/wireframe that you chose to validate earlier. Also, the frontend comprises CSS, JS, and HTML- similar to one of our chosen front-end frameworks.
- Backend – It is required to note that building a backend is surely one of the toughest steps in the process of web application development. One of the primary functions of the backend comprises providing HTTP endpoints for your frontend authorization, authenticating users, and also successfully serving the frontend.
7. Testing the web application
After all the above steps it is important to test your web application. This is one ongoing process that usually takes place during and after the building phase. The option of both automated testing or doing it on a manual basis is always available. At the time of the testing phase, you must try to cover factors like usability, security, performance testing, functionality, and compatibility.
8. Finally Host and deploy a web application
Hosting includes running the web application on a server. You will be required to buy a domain and select a cloud hosting provider. You are required to use a CI tool to ensure you get your web application from the local machine to the cloud provider and then deploy it.